freetds - fixing 'make test'

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Mark Schaal <mark AT champ.tstonramp.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: fixing 'make test'
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 14:24:31 -0700 (PDT)

The freetds "make test" doesn't work for me on either my Solaris
or Linux test machines, so I'm creating a fix for the various
problems that occur. I'll be using the GNU "make check" options
to run the tests, but I'm undecided what to do with "make test".
These are the options I've thought of:

(1) Have it say "make test deprecated - use make check instead"
(2) Have it run "make check" automatically
(3) Try to maintain separate support for current "make test" (ugh).

I think #1 is best, with #2 a close second. However if there is
a strong demand for the current "make test" I can look into #3.

Oh, also if anyone has any pointers on the AM_PROG_LIBTOOL problem
I can try to look into that. It's only bothering me a little so
far but it'd be nice to fix.

Mark
--
Mark J. Schaal Phone: (909) 620-7724
TST On Ramp Fax: (909) 620-8174

  • fixing 'make test', Mark Schaal, 10/18/2000