freetds - Re: jdbc driver

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Andreas Tille <tillea AT rki.de>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: jdbc driver
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 16:00:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Bob Kline wrote:

> Yes. You must make your own determination, based on a comparison of the
> features which have been implemented with your list of requirements
> (tempered by your willingness to fill in any gaps), and thorough testing
> of the software in your own environment, whether the driver is suitable
> for your needs.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> [1] ftp://freetds.internetcds.com/pub/freetds_jdbc/README
Moreover you have to check the ftp server regularly for snapshot
updates. They are not announced nor even do different snapshots get
different filenames :-(. I frequently ask for both an this list
but nothing changes since about one year.

Except this kind of "documentation-is-just-for-stupid-beginner-and-
not-for-thes-knowledged-hacker-who-can-easily-compare-filesize-and-date"
issue the JDBC driver programmers did a fine job and it worked great
for me without problems. No code related bugs against the driver in
the Debian bug track system.

Kind regards

Andreas.