freetds - Re: return value from stored procedure

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: dthompson AT characterlink.net (Darrin Thompson)
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu> <LYR112665-78493-2000.09.13-04.07.20--dthompson#characterlink.net AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: return value from stored procedure
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 14:53:42 GMT

The return value from a procedure is handled like a parameter I think.
Fetch_array only fetches datasets. Select creates datasets, that's why
fetch_array worked. I don't know the procedure for handling output
parameters off-hand or I would write it in for you.

Darrin

On 9/13/00, 2:04:50 AM, Sam Sam <s4m AT lycos.com> wrote regarding [freetds]
return value from stored procedure:

> Hello, =))
> I wrote a stored procedure which return some value on ms sql server 7.0
my stored procedure is like this:
> CREATE PROCEDURE sam (@nilai char(1))
> if @nilai='A'
> begin
> return 1
> end
> else
> begin
> return 0
> end
> then i ran a query and fetch_array from php 4.0.1, it didn't return
anything.. but if i change the return with select statement, it went
alright.. any explanation on this ??

> thanks,
> sam

> Get your FREE Email and Voicemail at Lycos Communications at
> http://comm.lycos.com

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to freetds as: [dthompson AT characterlink.net]
> To unsubscribe, forward this message to
$subst('Email.Unsub')