freetds - Re: getCatalogs() and getTables()

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Stefan Bodewig <bodewig AT bost.de>
  • To: <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: getCatalogs() and getTables()
  • Date: 14 Jul 2000 15:13:38 +0200

Hi Edson,

ECER> Excuse my poor english. Sometimes I make some mistakes writing
ECER> in english.

I had no problem with anything you've written - and English is not my
native language either, we are in the same boat.

ECER> Of course, the only unique "problem" (not's a real problem, but
ECER> a feature not yet implemented) is no having support to OUTPUT
ECER> parameters in Stored Procedures...

Yes, and I'm afraid this will take a while to get implemented - I may
be wrong but I think some more packet sniffing and reverse engineering
is needed here.

ECER> The plataforms that I'm using:

ECER> (RH 5.1)

Somewhat off topic, which JDK are you using there?. RedHat 5 is glibc
2.0 based, isn't it? I had lot's of trouble with any JDK using
anything less than glibc 2.1.3. Did you go the hard way of upgrading
the C lib or are you just living dangerous?

Stefan