freetds - Re: [OT] can't download latest freetds_jdbc snapshot

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Bob Kline <bkline AT rksystems.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [OT] can't download latest freetds_jdbc snapshot
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 07:55:03 -0400 (EDT)

On 27 Jun 2000, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> BK> I mentioned a few weeks ago that I couldn't get into the CVS
> BK> repository either, but haven't gotten a single response telling
> BK> me what the problem is.
>
> I've never had any problems with the CVS - except when the server
> was down - and just now a "cvs update" in my checked out copy worked
> fine.
>
> I'm sure I've just followed the instructions in the FAQ, where does
> your problem occur?

Works fine now. Here's what I reported to the list back on the 4th of
this month:

"I tried to check out the latest sources from the CVS repository
using the anonymous login instructions in the FAQ, but it didn't
work:

cvs [checkout aborted]: authorization failed: server
freetds.internetcds.com rejected access"

I'm fairly sure I was entering the login command correctly, because (a)
I have done it successfully multiple times in the past, and (b) I had
copied and pasted the command directly from the FAQ (as I just did now)
to make sure I wasn't introducing typos. When I didn't get any response
I assumed (as the original poster for this thread probably did) that the
policy had been changed or the repository moved. Glad to see it's
working properly again.

--
Bob Kline