freetds - SQL 7.0 Dates not coming through properly

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Wasson, Tim" <WassonT AT kochind.com>
  • To: "'freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu'" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: SQL 7.0 Dates not coming through properly
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 16:48:11 -0500

I've got a SQL 7.0 Desktop db server on an NT box. When accessing this db
thorugh PHP (compiled with sybase support pointing at the freetds
libraries), if I include a date field in the query, my PHP returns bad data.
Also, on a Sun box accessing the same database with the Sybase CT libraries,
we are getting strange date returns. Dates that should be one day apart in
1996, are showing up as 25 Jan 1900 8:50 and 25 Jan 1900 8:53, etc.

We have SQL 6.5 databases that work fine on the Sun box. The fact that I've
seen this with two different libraries makes me wonder if SQL 7.0 is broken
wrt the sybase protocol when it comes to dates.

Has anyone had dates work properly with SQL 7.0?

Tim Wasson
Koch Industries
Wichita KS USA