freetds - Re: ISO-code translation

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Stefan Bodewig <bodewig AT bost.de>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: ISO-code translation
  • Date: 14 Apr 2000 15:42:45 +0200

BB> There should really be a way to set this though like there is in
BB> dblib.

>> OK, this one is a rather quick hack, I guess you should also be
>> able to set the language or maybe other things.

AT> Unfortunately both patches doesn't work for me.

I guess telling SQLServer which charset to use doesn't help much. The
String is assembled from the received bytes using Java's default
encoding which may be anything, most likely ISO8859_1 or Cp1252
(theese are Java names of the encodings).

To get this to work correctly all String creation needs to take the
desired charset into account. There are quite a few places where
changes are necessary for this. Furthermore one would need a mapping
of charset names as understood by SQL Server to encoding names as
understood by Java.

I'm sorry, but don't expect a quick hack this time - which wouldn't
work anyway 8^).

Stefan