freetds - Re: ISO-code translation

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Andreas Tille <tillea AT rki.de>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: ISO-code translation
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 18:12:15 +0200 (CEST)

On 13 Apr 2000, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> Properties p = new Properties();
> p.put("user", user);
> p.put("password", passwd);
> p.put("charset", "cp850");
> Connection cx = DriverManager.getConnection(URL, p);
>
> I guess you will need to experiment with the name of the charset -
> personally I wouldn't have guessed iso_1 at all. But then again I'm
> not a Windows guy.
Many thanks. I'll try that tomorrow morning!

> AT> Kind regards and thanks for the patch which will be included into
> AT> the Debian package if it works for me.
>
> No, please don't. I don't have write access to the repository and even
> if I had I'd probably choose a different aproach than the one used in
> what I called a "quick hack".
That's no problem, because Debian source package consists of
original tarball plus patches. Your patch would come in a different
file and the whole package will be included in the so called
"unstable" tree of Debian. So the thing is no problem. Actually
we'd get corrections from other testers which would make us profit
from it. But if you don't like my attempt I won't do so ...

> I've sent an email to Craig, indicating which way I would prefer to
> solve it. I'm sure we are going to hear from him.
Of course I'd like to see it included into the next version.

Kind regards

Andreas.