freetds - Re: ISO-code translation

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Stefan Bodewig <bodewig AT bost.de>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: ISO-code translation
  • Date: 13 Apr 2000 16:40:58 +0200

Hi Andreas,

AT> getConnection(URL, user, passwd);

AT> It's not clear for me, which argument with which syntax I should
AT> call the method. Could you please give an example.

Properties p = new Properties();
p.put("user", user);
p.put("password", passwd);
p.put("charset", "cp850");
Connection cx = DriverManager.getConnection(URL, p);

I guess you will need to experiment with the name of the charset -
personally I wouldn't have guessed iso_1 at all. But then again I'm
not a Windows guy.

AT> Kind regards and thanks for the patch which will be included into
AT> the Debian package if it works for me.

No, please don't. I don't have write access to the repository and even
if I had I'd probably choose a different aproach than the one used in
what I called a "quick hack".

Therefore most likely my hack won't make it into freetds_jdbc at any
time. Including it in any kind of "official" package would make a real
maintenance nightmare. Think of getting bug reports about a not
existing version.

I've sent an email to Craig, indicating which way I would prefer to
solve it. I'm sure we are going to hear from him.

Stefan