freetds - Re: tds_process_result_tokens patch

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Mark Schaal <mark AT champ.tstonramp.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: tds_process_result_tokens patch
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 17:35:17 -0700 (PDT)

> It's good that the end processing is done in one location (I'm all for
> reuse!). I guess I should of been a bit clearer about what I was trying to
> say. The old version would only exit the while loop in
> tds_process_result_tokens() on more_results or TDS_END_TOKEN. Now, it will
> exit the loop on any end token (DONE,DONEPROC, or DONEINPROC). So, in the
> case where you get a TDS_END3_TOKEN, with more_results not set, it would
> not return to the calling library, but would continue to process until a
> TDS_END_TOKEN was received (or any end token with more_results not set).
> Anyway, this actually came up once, but I don't remember the specifics.
> So, in this particular case the behaviour seems to be different, but I
> can't cause the server to give me back what I'm looking for to test it.

Hmmm, right, I did change that. I wonder why. Zen coding? Feel free
to change it back. I guess I was focussed on the more_results flag and
assumed an end without more results was a real end. I don't understand
what the separate end tokens are supposed to be for. I haven't done any
work with procedures yet, to which the token names seem to imply some
connection.

Mark
--
Mark J. Schaal Phone: (909) 620-7724