freetds - Re: tds_process_result_tokens patch

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: tds_process_result_tokens patch
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 10:01:51 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 13 Aug 1999, Mark Schaal wrote:

> > I was a bit concerned about the handling of END3 (DONEINPROC) when I
> > looked at the patch but it seems to work quite well in testing. It's been
> > a while, but there are places where receiving an END3 should continue to
> > process. It's just been so long I can't remember what they were :)
> >
> > Anyway, I want to keep an eye out for it.
>
> I believe the logic is identical to before. more_results and
> tds->res_info->more_results are still set, which is what determines
> whether processing continues. All that is now done down in tds_process_end
> rather than being spread out.

It's good that the end processing is done in one location (I'm all for
reuse!). I guess I should of been a bit clearer about what I was trying to
say. The old version would only exit the while loop in
tds_process_result_tokens() on more_results or TDS_END_TOKEN. Now, it will
exit the loop on any end token (DONE,DONEPROC, or DONEINPROC). So, in the
case where you get a TDS_END3_TOKEN, with more_results not set, it would
not return to the calling library, but would continue to process until a
TDS_END_TOKEN was received (or any end token with more_results not set).
Anyway, this actually came up once, but I don't remember the specifics.
So, in this particular case the behaviour seems to be different, but I
can't cause the server to give me back what I'm looking for to test it.

> > I'm going to do a bit more testing and then I'll check it in tonight. I'm
> > leaving town tommorow morning and won't be back 'til late Sunday, so I
> > won't have email 'til then. So anyway, have a look and make sure I
> > applied the patch correctly (I changed the formatting in a places, but
> > otherwise it should be pretty much intact).
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Brian
>
> Looks good to me. I'm all for nicer formatting.
>
> Have a nice weekend.

Thanks, got back a little early. We took the train to chicago and went to
all the museums and such. My son had a blast.

Oh, and thanks for the patch (I think I forgot to say that), it looks
really good.

> Mark
> --
> Mark J. Schaal Phone: (909)
> 620-7724
> TST On Ramp Fax: (909) 620-8174
> System Administrator E-Mail: mark AT tstonramp.com

Cheers,

Brian