freetds - Re: MSSQL7.0 from freetds 0.45

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: tetherow AT nol.org
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: MSSQL7.0 from freetds 0.45
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 16:34:48 -0500 (CDT)

On 24 Jun, Brian Bruns wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A couple of questions,
>
> Can you attach to 7.0 using older drivers on the Windows side? (use the
> 6.5 client driver to attach to 7.0 server)
>
> If so, I'd like to get a dump of the login sequence being passed by the
> 6.5 client. The 7.0 might have tightened up something and we are a little
> sloppy regarding what we send.
>
> You can use the srvtest.c in the samples directory to pretend to be a
> server and point the client to it. You need to uncomment the call to
> get_incoming() though. This should generate a client.out file, that's
> what I need.

Well, the JDBC driver works so I have been tackling it from that end.
I have gotten our Linux box to connect and am now working on the
Solaris end of things. Once I have a comprehensive list of what needed
to be changed I mail the list with it.

Sam Tetherow tetherow AT nol.org
Director of Development
Nebrask@ Online http://www.nol.org/