freetds - Re: MSSQL7.0 from freetds 0.45

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: timothy AT ennui.net
  • Subject: Re: MSSQL7.0 from freetds 0.45
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 21:20:19 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

A couple of questions,

Can you attach to 7.0 using older drivers on the Windows side? (use the
6.5 client driver to attach to 7.0 server)

If so, I'd like to get a dump of the login sequence being passed by the
6.5 client. The 7.0 might have tightened up something and we are a little
sloppy regarding what we send.

You can use the srvtest.c in the samples directory to pretend to be a
server and point the client to it. You need to uncomment the call to
get_incoming() though. This should generate a client.out file, that's
what I need.

Brian

BTW, 8 is the normal header length of the returning packet...So, MS SQL
basically sent you a zero length packet...strange.