freetds - Re: MSSQL7.0 from freetds 0.45

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: tetherow AT nol.org
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Cc: timothy AT ennui.net
  • Subject: Re: MSSQL7.0 from freetds 0.45
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 15:20:45 -0500 (CDT)

Does anyone on the list know if anything in particular needs to be set
up on a stock MS SQL 7.0 box in order for us to access it via freetds?
We have had no problems getting in to a MSSQL 6.5 server but on the 7.0
server after sending the login packet(s) the server replies with 8 NULL
bytes as oppose to the normal acknowlegment.

If anyone has any pointers I would appreciate it. Or atleast a simple,
yes it can be done and we didn't have to change a thing would be nice
that way I know it is something along the lines of permissions on the
server or some such.

Sam Tetherow tetherow AT nol.org
Director of Development
Nebrask@ Online http://www.nol.org/