corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Paul's diatribe against Peter

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Given, Mark Douglas" <MarkGiven AT MissouriState.edu>
  • To: "Corpus-Paul" <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Paul's diatribe against Peter
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 10:06:37 -0500

Hi Jim,

I'm a big fan of translations reflecting as much of the ambiguity of the
original as possible. A quick look at the various translations in my Bible
software program showed that the ASV (1901) refrained from putting any
quotation marks in at all. That fits my opinion because I think it's
impossible to have any confidence one way or another in the extent of what
Paul intended to include as part of his "sermon" to Peter.

Best,
Mark Given