corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Ethos and Paul

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Mark D. Nanos" <nanosmd AT comcast.net>
  • To: Corpus Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Ethos and Paul
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 06:11:19 -0600

on 2/24/04 3:58 AM, Frich107 AT aol.com at Frich107 AT aol.com wrote:

>I am unaware of any particularly detailed work that
> specifically tries to look at Paul using 'ethos' in his letters.

Fred,
If you do not already know of the work, it may be of some use: Brian Dodd,
Paul's Paradigmatic "I": Personal Example as Literary Strategy, Sheffield
Univ. Press, 1995. I also think useful would be: Dieter Mitternacht,
"Foolish Galatians--A Recipient Oriented Assessment of Paul's Letter," in
The Galatians Debate, ed. Mark D. Nanos. Jim Hester's essay in The Galatians
Debate might also provide some useful insights related to this topic.

Regards,
Mark
--
Mark D. Nanos, Ph.D.