corpus-paul - [Corpus-Paul] Saint Paul: The Foundation of Universalism

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Loren Rosson <rossoiii AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Corpus-Paul] Saint Paul: The Foundation of Universalism
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 13:52:38 -0800 (PST)

List members --

What have folks heard about this book?

Saint Paul: The Foundation of Universalism. By Alain
Badiou. ISBN 0-8047-4470-X. July 2003.

Here are snips from the blurb in latest issue of
Choice: "Badiou is one of the most refreshing
contrarian voices coming out of France today.
Challenging the banal relativism of the
poststructuralist establishment, his work is bent on
retrieving a notion of universal truth... [Yet] his
investigation of Paul should not be construed as
Badiou's flirtation with faith. As he puts it, 'I care
nothing for the Good News he declares.'...Recommended.
Graduate students and researchers/faculty." (Jan 04,
p. 924)

This is the first I've heard of it. It sounds more
philosophical than historical.

Loren Rosson III
Nashua NH
Rossoiii AT yahoo.com