corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Re: Questions for Paul

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Mark Goodacre" <M.S.Goodacre AT bham.ac.uk>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Re: Questions for Paul
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 14:03:47 -0000

In addition to those excellent questions already asked, I'd like to
add:

(1) What do you mean by "Galatia"? Who are these "Galatians"?

(2) Was your letter to the Galatians a success? Did you receive a
reply?

(3) Do you keep copies of your own letters? Can we have a look at
them?

(4) When you said in (what we call) 1 Corinthians "I have decided to
deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of his flesh", could
you explain what that means?

(5) Why don't you mention any women by name in (what we call) 1
Corinthians 15? Do you know of the story of Jesus appearing to Mary
Magdalene and others? And while I am at it -- if I may -- do you
know of a story of an empty tomb?

Jeffrey -- we were impressed enough when you arranged on-line
seminars with the likes of Crossan, Allison, Dunn and Horsley. But
to get hold of Paul himself for us -- now that's a real coup.

Mark
Dr Mark Goodacre mailto:M.S.Goodacre AT bham.ac.uk
Graduate Institute for Theology & Religion
Dept of Theology
University of Birmingham
Elmfield House, Bristol Road tel.+44 121 414 7512
Birmingham B29 6LQ UK fax: +44 121 415 8376

http://www.theology.bham.ac.uk/goodacre
http://NTGateway.com