corpus-paul - [Corpus-Paul] A question from a lurker

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Daniel Glick <lists AT danielglick.com>
  • To: corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Corpus-Paul] A question from a lurker
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 15:42:22 -0600

I normally only lurk on this list, because I don't have the academic qualifications to participate. However, some friends and I have been going round in circles trying to find answers to our questions, so I thought I would venture to an inquiry here.

What we're looking for are some good historical (and possibly also theological) sources about the development of eccelsiastical authority in the first and early second centuries. I know that primary sources from this time are limited, but the Pauline epistles would obviously be an important source for such a study, which is why I was hoping I could find help on this list.

If the moderator prefers, it might be better for any responses to be sent by private e-mail.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Dan Glick
Boise, ID