corpus-paul - [Corpus-Paul] [Corppus-Paul] Recommendations for undergraduate book on Paul

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Kym Smith" <khs AT picknowl.com.au>
  • To: <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Corpus-Paul] [Corppus-Paul] Recommendations for undergraduate book on Paul
  • Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 23:19:22 +1030

Dear all,

Following Tom Edmondson's recommendation of John Gager's 'Reinventing Paul' - not that I have read it - I thought I might put in a plug here for my own book, 'Redating the Revelation and...' I have mentioned this previously on this list and recently to Matthew off-list (because I had not yet come to terms with the new format here  - I think I have cracked it now) but it seems sensible to mention it here as well.

My book argues for an early Revelation which preceded most of the NT and presents a reconstruction of the 60s of the first century in which, I believe, the NT was completed. The (conservatively speculative) reconstruction continues on from Acts with Paul's release from Rome  and his travels (to Asia, Achia and back to Rome). It also shows his interaction with other apostles and the writing of all but six of his letters (i.e Romans, 1&2 Cor, 1&2 Thess, Gal). An appendix (also speculative) on the Travels and Ministry of Peter suggest a time and purpose for the writing of Romans and 1 Cor.

A little about the book can be seen at http://homepages.picknowl.com.au/sherpub .

Sincerely,

Kym Smith
Adelaide
South Australia

  • [Corpus-Paul] [Corppus-Paul] Recommendations for undergraduate book on Paul, Kym Smith, 12/18/2002