corpus-paul - Re: [corpus-paul]

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Yohanan Goldman <AmirPatrick.Goldman AT unifr.ch>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [corpus-paul]
  • Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 18:30:10 +0200

Tom Edmondson asks:

I am a high school Bible teacher by day and a part-time seminary student.
I am aiming to create a unit of study for my students on Paul from scratch.
All I need is some ideas about a theme/rubric from which I can draw passages
out of the Pauline corpus in order to create group projects and analysis
papers. I've thought about "Justification by Faith," "The Lordship of
Christ," and "Fellowship with the Spirit." Anyone care to add comments,
suggestions, or additional categories? All responses are appreciated.<<

What about themes like: "Body of Christ"; "Christian as new creature" and "Law and faith"?
Your suggestions "Lordship of Christ" and "Fellowship with the Spirit" seem to
merge in the general theme of Paul "To Be In Christ"; or do I err on this point?

Hope you find your way. There are a lot of books about major theological concepts of Paul.
Sincerely in Christ,
Yohanan
--

Dr. Yohanan A.P. Goldman