corpus-paul - Re: In search of wisdom

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Mesfin Atlaye" <mesfin AT idirect.com>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: In search of wisdom
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 18:25:19 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: <crhutson AT salisbury.net>
To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2002 5:04 PM
Subject: [corpus-paul] Re: In search of wisdom

> This is a pretty specialized list, so we don't do well with very broad
questions. Perhaps you could ask a more specific question about some
particular Pauline passage, and I'm sure someone will have an opinion.

"Pauline passage" means- a biblical passage from the letters of Paul. Often
we assume that everyone speaks our academic language. Few weeks ago a
student at the end of almost 2 hours lecture came to me only to ask what I
meant by "Matthean terminology" and "Johannine christology." All I could do
was to apologize for my wrong assumption.

Mesfin Atlaye
Wycliffe College
U of T.

-