corpus-paul - Size of Pauline churches

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Andrew Goddard" <andrew.goddard AT wycliffe-hall.oxford.ac.uk>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Size of Pauline churches
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 14:27:03 +0100

I've been asked about the size of Pauline congregations eg at Corinth and
thought I recalled a disucssion of this some time ago on this list but
cannot find it either in my own folder of stored messages or on the archive
(though that may be because I've not really worked out how to search that).
Can anyone help by pointing me to previous thread, suggesting literature or
putting forward theories ?
I've heard numbers from as low as about 40 to several hundred.

Thanks for any help,
Andrew.
Andrew Goddard,
Wycliffe Hall,
54 Banbury Rd,
Oxford,
OX2 6PW
andrew.goddard AT wycliffe.ox.ac.uk

For information on Sarum College's
Certificate in Politics and Theology, see
www.sarum.ac.uk/society/prospect.htm.