corpus-paul - RE: Texbooks

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: billyl <billyl AT wcs.edu>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Texbooks
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 11:17:52 -0500

I don't think anyone has mentioned Wright's larger book "Climax of the
Covenant." It is not for beginners, but I would highly recommend it for any
serious student of Paul. In it, Wright deals with key texts covering the
Adam/Christ relationship, Christology, participation or "in Christ," Christ
and the law, and the Israel of God. I got mine from Regent. Wright was
supposed to give us a full treatment of Paul in Vol III of his series (ie.
righteousness as coventant faithfulness etc.), but I understand now that III
will be about the resurrection. Maybe he'll do Paul in the fourth; yet more
waiting.

Billy LeJeune
Franklin, TN

  • Texbooks, Michael J. Gorman, 07/30/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • RE: Texbooks, billyl, 07/30/2002
    • RE: Texbooks, Stephen Carter, 07/31/2002