corpus-paul - Re: Dignitas and Pauline social values

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Mark D. Nanos" <nanosmd AT comcast.net>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Dignitas and Pauline social values
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 08:03:02 -0600

Tim,
I think these are interesting and relevant questions, although the this or
that line is overstated in my view, and thus is missing something, I think.
If you are unaware of Greg Woolf's work, you might find it of value, and
with helpful bibliography, including several works by him (I will list one I
think very pertinent after the book). Becoming Roman: The Origins of
Provincial Civilization in Gaul, Cambridge U. Press, 1998; idem, "Becoming
Roman, Staying Greek. Culture, identity and the civilizing process in the
Roman East," Proceedings of the Cambridge Philological Society n.s. 40
(1994): 116-43.

Regards,
Mark

--