corpus-paul - Re: Tis the season for viruses and worms

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: RSBrenchley AT aol.com
  • To: corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Tis the season for viruses and worms
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 03:54:56 EST

> I recommend that list members not forward virus news. We cannot be
> responsible for IT related setup on each other's computers. Everyone should
> keep virus protection up to date with a recognized dealer and look for IT
> related support from those who are scholars in IT <g>.
> with all gratitude for the other interesting threads on this list
>
> Bob MacDonald

I have to disagree, as I recently received several Emails containing
Badtrans from people on Lists I subscribe to. Not everyone, unfortunately,
keeps their virus checker as up to date as they should; I got caught myself
as I was used to updating once a month, and this one spread so fast it caught
me. When this sort of situation happens, I think it's reasonable to warn
people, as these worms will propagate themselves to anyone whose address is
in the infected computer's files.

Regards,

Robert Brenchley

RSBrenchley AT aol.com