corpus-paul - Re: Paul's use or lack of use of rhetoric

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "myron kauk" <myronkauk AT iolky.com>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Paul's use or lack of use of rhetoric
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 10:12:58 -0500

Brian Tucker wrote:

> I would like some thoughts on Paul's engagement with Greek Rhetoric and
> how it may impact 1 Cor 1-3. Bibliography would be helpful.

See Johann D. Kim, _God, Israel, and the Gentiles Rhetoric and Situation in
Romans 9-11_. SBLDS 176. Atlanta: SBL 2000. Chapter gives a survey of
research on Paul's use of rhetoric and should provide you with plenty of
bibliography. My review of this book should be forthcoming in RBL.

Grace be with you,

Myron C. Kauk
myronkauk AT iolky.com