corpus-paul - regarding Peter...

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Ntsearcher AT aol.com
  • To: corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: regarding Peter...
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 06:15:06 EDT

One of the things I find fascinating about the NT is that at the very end of
the canonical writings, we've got Peter and John laboring in Paul's sphere.

Peter writes to the Gentiles and Jews in Asia Minor/Northern Galatia. John
writes to those in Ephesus.

I'm presently doing some study on why Peter would be writing to those in this
area... again "Paul's turf" as it were.

One explanation is that Paul was in prison at the time (or possibly dead) and
that Peter was taking his share of the work. Encouraging the Gentiles during
the Neronian persecution.

Have any of you looked into this question?

Best,
Frank Anthony
Tampa