corpus-paul - Re: The symbolism of '14 years'

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Glowzoom AT aol.com
  • To: corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: The symbolism of '14 years'
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 23:21:53 EST

Howdy! My name is Brian and I am a newcomer to the list. I am intrigued by
the idea of symbolism between Paul and Jacob. Though I have a question on the
supposed connection for the "14 years." Why must we question Paul's 14 years
of silence? Certainly God's timing is not something to surpass or interpret
in our own minds. Why did God make Jesus, His own Son, wait until He was in
His 30's to begin His ministry? It is a part of God's plan. I can't help but
think that God used the time to prepare Paul and build him up, strengthen him
for his missions. Not to mention Paul was a known murderer of Christians.
That is a tough reputation to deal with. I agree that the possibility of
symbolism is there. I find it interesting in many ways. Yet, I can't but see
Paul's 14 years as more symbolic of God's timing than anything else.

Brian
Ft. Worth, TX; United States