corpus-paul - Interpreters of Paul

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: kraft AT ccat.sas.upenn.edu (Robert Kraft)
  • To: corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Interpreters of Paul
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 00:15:42 -0500 (EST)

Peter Head asks:
> Finally, I don't suppose anyone knows of a student reader which has
> extracts from the history of the interpretation of Paul?

As a matter of fact, Wayne Meeks' book in the Norton Series, The Writings
of St.Paul (1972) has some excerpts organized under various topics --
Ancient Views of Paul (Marcion, Harnack, Vielhauer, Wiles),
Law, Grace & Ethics (Augustine, Luther, Barth, vonSoden),
"The Second Founder of Christianity" (Baur, Nietzsche, Shaw, Harnack,
Heitmueller),
Pauline Christianity and Judaism (Buber, Baeck, Schoeps),
Paul and Religious Experience (Kierkegaard, Deissmann, Schweitzer,
Dibelius, Bultmann, Stendahl),
Epilogue (Meeks).

This volume also has the RSV of the NT Pauline Epistles -- a very useful
book overall.

Bob

kraft AT ccat.sas.upenn.edu

  • Interpreters of Paul, Robert Kraft, 10/31/2000