corpus-paul - Re: Interpreters of Paul

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: pmh15 AT cam.ac.uk (Peter M. Head)
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Interpreters of Paul
  • Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 10:34:32 +0000

Dear Bob,

This book is really useful. It doesn't quite do everything I would like but
it does contain an absolute wealth of information. Thanks very much for the
info.

Cheers

Peter

>Peter Head asks:
>> Finally, I don't suppose anyone knows of a student reader which has
>> extracts from the history of the interpretation of Paul?
>
>As a matter of fact, Wayne Meeks' book in the Norton Series, The Writings
>of St.Paul (1972) has some excerpts organized under various topics --
>Ancient Views of Paul (Marcion, Harnack, Vielhauer, Wiles),
>Law, Grace & Ethics (Augustine, Luther, Barth, vonSoden),
>"The Second Founder of Christianity" (Baur, Nietzsche, Shaw, Harnack,
> Heitmueller),
>Pauline Christianity and Judaism (Buber, Baeck, Schoeps),
>Paul and Religious Experience (Kierkegaard, Deissmann, Schweitzer,
> Dibelius, Bultmann, Stendahl),
>Epilogue (Meeks).
>
>This volume also has the RSV of the NT Pauline Epistles -- a very useful
>book overall.
>
>Bob
>
>--
>Robert A. Kraft, Religious Studies, University of Pennsylvania
>227 Logan Hall (Philadelphia PA 19104-6304); tel. 215 898-5827
>kraft AT ccat.sas.upenn.edu
>http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/rs/rak/kraft.html
>
>---
>You are currently subscribed to corpus-paul as: pmh15 AT cam.ac.uk
>$subst('Email.Unsub')

Dr. Peter M. Head
Tyndale House
36 Selwyn Gardens
Cambridge CB3 9BA
Tel: 01223 566607
Fax: 01223 566608
email: pmh15 AT cam.ac.uk

  • Interpreters of Paul, Robert Kraft, 10/31/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Interpreters of Paul, Peter M. Head, 11/01/2000