corpus-paul - Re: Gal 3:10-13

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Charles Skallerud" <karolus AT wf.net>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Gal 3:10-13
  • Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1999 14:33:51 -0500

This is one of those permanent puzzles.  In a few years the new perspective will become the old perspective and the cycle will start over.  I wonder if it is helpful to think of the Law as the law of love.  There is a sense in which human beings do not just fail to love God and others perfectly; in a way they fail entirely without the spirit of God.  Maybe Paul is thinking of this aspect of the Law along with the rest.

Charles Skallerud