corpus-paul - Re: List Business: suspending ADDENDUM

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000 AT mailhost.chi.ameritech.net>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: List Business: suspending ADDENDUM
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 16:16:46 -0500

"Jeffrey B. Gibson" wrote:

> A number of List members have written me to say they are confused about
> how to go about suspending or postponing reception of C-P posts while
> away on Summer business or holidays. What they end up in their
> frustration is to unsubscribe to the List.
>
> Let me, then, describe the procedures for (a) suspending mail without
> unsubscribing and (b) getting hooked back up to receive mail without
> resubscribing.
>
> To suspend mail:
>
> 1. Log in to C-P through http://metalab.unc.edu/corpus-paul
>
> 2. Click on the link under subscribing and unsubscribing which takes you
> to the Login/enter Password page. When the Login Page comes up, enter
> your password at the prompt.
>
> This should take you to a page which has, among other things, a "your
> settings" button.
>
> 3. Click on the "Your Settings" button. When the "Your Settings" page
> comes up, scroll down to the "status" bar of that page where you will
> find an arrow that lets you chose among options for receipt of messages
> -- one of which is a "no mail" tag.
>
> 4. Click on that, and you're all set.
>
> To resume reception of mail:
>
> When you return from being away, go through the same procedure (i.e.,
> follow steps 1-3) and reset your "status" to whatever you wish of the
> three receive mail options.
>
> Any questions, contact me off list.

There is an important FINAL step that I neglected to mention above--and which
*must*
be undertaken--if the procedures for suspending and then resuming reception
of mail
are to work, namely, that after steps 1-3 are taken, you MUST scroll down to
the
bottom of the "edit your settings page and *click the "save" button* that
appears
there. Otherwise the new settings will not take effect. Apologies for not
noting this
before.

Sheepishly,

Jeffrey Gibson
--
Jeffrey B. Gibson
7423 N. Sheridan Road #2A

  • Re: List Business: suspending ADDENDUM, Jeffrey B. Gibson, 05/26/1999