corpus-paul - List Business: suspending reception of C-P mail

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000 AT mailhost.chi.ameritech.net>
  • To: Corpus Paulinum <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: List Business: suspending reception of C-P mail
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 15:22:48 -0500

A number of List members have written me to say they are confused about
how to go about suspending or postponing reception of C-P posts while
away on Summer business or holidays. What they end up in their
frustration is to unsubscribe to the List.

Let me, then, describe the procedures for (a) suspending mail without
unsubscribing and (b) getting hooked back up to receive mail without
resubscribing.

To suspend mail:

1. Log in to C-P through http://metalab.unc.edu/corpus-paul

2. Click on the link under subscribing and unsubscribing which takes you
to the Login/enter Password page. When the Login Page comes up, enter
your password at the prompt.

This should take you to a page which has, among other things, a "your
settings" button.

3. Click on the "Your Settings" button. When the "Your Settings" page
comes up, scroll down to the "status" bar of that page where you will
find an arrow that lets you chose among options for receipt of messages
-- one of which is a "no mail" tag.

4. Click on that, and you're all set.

To resume reception of mail:

When you return from being away, go through the same procedure (i.e.,
follow steps 1-3) and reset your "status" to whatever you wish of the
three receive mail options.

Any questions, contact me off list.

Yours,

Jeffrey Gibson
--
Jeffrey B. Gibson
7423 N. Sheridan Road #2A

  • List Business: suspending reception of C-P mail, Jeffrey B. Gibson, 05/26/1999