corpus-paul - RE: Galatians 2:16; 19-20

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Roy E. Ciampa" <Roy_Ciampa AT compuserve.com>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Galatians 2:16; 19-20
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 12:03:14 -0400

Mark,
I see I am going to have to find a way to live with the fact that I
am not going to convince you! As for me, I think my interpretation is
simpler, makes perfectly good sense, and has the distinct advantage of
being able to look for support to the only other usage of "works of the
law" yet found in early Judaism, a usage which occurs in a text which
happens to also discuss justification by means of those works.

Regards,

Roy