corpus-paul - Gundry and a beginner's guide to the 'new perspective'?

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000 AT mailhost.chi.ameritech.net>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Gundry and a beginner's guide to the 'new perspective'?
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 13:58:27 -0500

Michael Thompson wrote:

> "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000 AT mailhost.chi.ameritech.net> wrote:

[snip]

> > R. Gundry, "Grace, Works, and Staying Saved in Paul," Biblica 66 (1985)
> 1-38.
>
> I think Gundry actually reflects the old perspective, but my memory is
> terrible.

Michael,

If *my* memory serves, Gundry's article is in reaction to Sanders. So while
it may
reflect the "old perspective, it does so while engaging with the arguments of
the new.
I included it in my list since Jonathan Ryder had asked for counterpart
books/articles
on the "new perspective" as well as those which would outline what the "new
perspective" involved.

But Professor Gundry is now subscribed to C-P, so perhaps he himself would
like to
speak to the issue.

Yours,

Jeffrey Gibson