corpus-paul - RE: Unconvinced of Pseudonymity

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Liz Fried" <lizfried AT umich.edu>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Unconvinced of Pseudonymity
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 12:27:00 -0400

I appreciate the letter from Bob Kraft. It is an excellent reminder that
Paul assumed that letters in his name were going out. Does 2 Thessalonians
2.2 also imply that Paul accepted the practice as commonplace, and that he
minded only if the doctrines in the letters didn't agree with his own?

I am also wondering about Col 4:18. Would a student of Paul written this
verse? Would Paul have added this to a letter written by a student?
Does this verse suggest that Colossians is genuine? It certainly suggests
that the author of the letter or the verse intended us to think so. What
are we to make of this verse?

Liz

Lisbeth S. Fried
Department of Hebrew and Judaic Studies