corpus-paul - Re: course descriptions and syllabi

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Mark Goodacre" <M.S.GOODACRE AT bham.ac.uk>
  • To: corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: course descriptions and syllabi
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 10:38:01 GMT

On 20 Apr 99 at 19:26, Jeffrey B. Gibson wrote:

> Not exactly an academic question; rather an attempt to provide List members
> with resources for teaching and studying Paul:
>
> I'd like to ask List Members who have taught courses on Paul (or who are
> presently engaged in doing so) to send course descriptions, syllabi,
> bibliographies, etc. of these courses to me [i.e., *offlist*] so that they
> may
> be gathered together and shared (through a link I'll create) with other C-P
> members. I also invite submissions on particular "strategies" you use
> within
> classrooms or seminars to illuminate difficult Pauline topics.
>
> Seems to me that having these together in one place might be useful to all
> of
> us.

This sounds like a good idea. One of the things that I hope will complement
this is a page I have been working on for a while for Recommended New
Testament
Web Resources (http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/goodacre/links.htm) giving
links
to New Testament courses, syllabi etc. currently available on the web. I
have
more work to do on this and it will be a little while before the page will be
finished, but the links that I have gathered on Paul so far are as follows:

Paul in His Social Context (Donald Binder)
http://www.smu.edu/~dbinder/nt8326.html

Introducing Paul (David Horrell)
http://www.ex.ac.uk/theology/courses/THE1055.html

Pauline and Johannine Religions (David Catchpole)
http://www.ex.ac.uk/theology/courses/pauline.html

Paul (Mark Given)
http://www.smsu.edu/mdg421f/reli321/index321.htm

Paul's Letters (David Barr)
http://www.wright.edu/~dbarr/paul.htm

Paul and Early Christianity (Louisiana State University, U.S.A.)
http://www.artsci.lsu.edu/phil/ReligiousStudiesCourses.html#REL 3005

St Paul's Letters and Later Interpreters (Andrew Dolan)
http://www.lasalle.edu/~dolan/REL_215.htm

Paul and His Influence on Early Christianity (J. Albert Harrill)
http://www.depaul.edu/~religion/bh235f98.htm

Peter and Paul: Early Christians in Rome (Felix Just)
http://clawww.lmu.edu/faculty/fjust/THST398Rome.htm

Apocalyptic in Paul (David W. Kuck)
http://www.yale.edu/divinity/fco/courses/rel655b.htm

Life and Letters of Paul (Robert Kraft)
gopher://ccat.sas.upenn.edu:70/11/courses/rels/436

Paul and His Writings (Sheila McGinn)
http://www1.jcu.edu/religion/MCGINN/.../BIBLE/PAUL/cruise.htm

Paul and His Letters (John McVay)
http://www2.andrews.edu/~jmcvay/puc_classes/relb460/corinth.html

Greek Epistles of Paul (John McVay)
http://www2.andrews.edu/~jmcvay/puc_classes/rell435/

1 Corinthians (Justin Meggitt)
http://www.jesus.cam.ac.uk:80/~jjm1000/1cor.htm

Various (University of Giessen, Germany)
http://www.uni-giessen.de/~g71010/Vl/Ss99/Vl-ss-99k.htm#Neues Tetstament

Mark Goodacre
Dr Mark Goodacre mailto:M.S.Goodacre AT bham.ac.uk
Dept of Theology tel: +44 121 414 7512
University of Birmingham fax: +44 121 414 6866
Birmingham B15 2TT United Kingdom

http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/goodacre
Aseneth Home Page
Recommended New Testament Web Resources