corpus-paul - Re: a new Paul link

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Mark Goodacre" <M.S.GOODACRE AT bham.ac.uk>
  • To: corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: a new Paul link
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 11:06:49 GMT

On 18 Apr 99 at 13:47, John C. Hurd wrote:

> As nearly as I can tell from the home page, etc., IKTINOS is an organization
> sponsoring the Journal of Bible Sarangbang, a discussion group, a
> theologians
> forum, and a data base (da-ba). The latter contains the bibliographies.
> There are two Professors Kim listed, so I suspect that this is a Korean
> project. Virtually all the text material is in a special script which my
> browser has never heard of. Some of the graphics show what the characters
> should look like. The bibliographies are nice to have, but are rather
> brief.

Yes -- IKTINOS stands for the Institute for Korean Theological Information
NewOrk (sic) Service (see http://iktinos.swim.org). The material on Paul is
part of a larger "data bank" of bibliographies on the the Bible. See:

http://iktinos.swim.org/eda-ba.html

From what I can see, the bibliographies cover only articles. For example the
Paul bibliography features Sanders's article on Literary Dependence in
Colossians but does not feature PPJ or PLJP or Paul. Likewise the
bibliography
on Luke features several articles by Fitzmyer but not the famous Anchor Bible
commentary.

Mark Goodacre
Dr Mark Goodacre mailto:M.S.Goodacre AT bham.ac.uk
Dept of Theology tel: +44 121 414 7512
University of Birmingham fax: +44 121 414 6866
Birmingham B15 2TT United Kingdom

http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/goodacre
Aseneth Home Page
Recommended New Testament Web Resources