corpus-paul - Re: 2 Cor 12:1f

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "atombomb AT sirius.com" <atombomb AT sirius.com>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: 2 Cor 12:1f
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 09:52:49 -0700

> >I am soliciting comments on what is being described in 2 Cor 12. Is it
> >Paul's own experience? Who is the "person in Christ" and "such a one"?
> >
> >Daniel
>
> I think it is Paul's own experience- described in 3rd person as a matter of
> humility.
>
> Jim

That certainly has been the consensus of all of the fathers from the
beginning, though I do remember one or two saying that Paul "might"
have been referring to someone else. Is there any evidence, anywhere
at all, of another, except for the way the matter is phrased in the
first place?

John Burnett, m.a.