corpus-paul - Re: Paul's View of Justification by Faith

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "atombomb AT sirius.com" <atombomb AT sirius.com>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>, Jim Newberry <beenoch AT netzero.net>
  • Subject: Re: Paul's View of Justification by Faith
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 11:11:18 -0700

You know, an absolutely stunning treatment of this topic was given by
St. Mark the Ascetic in the early 5th century (he was possibly a
disciple of St. John Chrysostom). See "On Those Who Think They Are Made
Righteous By Works: Two Hundred and Twenty-Six Texts", which you can
find in Palmer, Sherrard, & Ware (eds.), *The Philokalia: The Complete
Text*, vol. 1 (Faber & Faber, London: 1979).

Regards to all,

John Burnett