corpus-paul - Re: Sequence of the letters

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "John C. Hurd" <John.Hurd AT Squam.org>
  • To: "Sheila E. McGinn, Ph.D." <smcginn AT jcu.edu>
  • Cc: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Sequence of the letters
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 13:30:51 -0400

I am not sure that I see the problem. The lack of sexual differentiation
among Christians
is a fundamental idea that Paul carries through his career. The conversation
leading up
to 1 Corinthians had to do with the disparity between what Paul had said when
he founded
that congregation (better not to marry) and what he had said in the "Previous
Letter"
(safer to marry). There is no problem in Corinth, e.g., about women
preaching.
All the best! -- John Hurd
========