corpus-paul - Re: Chronological order of the Pauline Letters

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Jim West <jwest AT Highland.Net>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Chronological order of the Pauline Letters
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 21:11:16 -0500

At 07:27 PM 3/30/99 -0600, you wrote:

>I doubt if there are any on the list who have studied Hebrews in any depth
who would
>disagree with your judgment, Jim. But, assuming that there are List members
who are
>only beginning the study of Pauline literature, and who have joined C-P in
order to
>benefit from the wisdom of others who have already plunged deeply into this
and other
>Pauline questions -- some statement of *why* you feel that Hebrews is not
Pauline
>might be in order, don't you think?

Nope.

The protocols, if I recall, suggest that those participating be folk
familiar with the issues of Pauline studies- which I interepreted to mean
folk who would know that Paul wasnt the author of Hebrews.

Best,

Jim

Jim West, ThD
Petros Baptist Church- Pastor
Quartz Hill School of Theology- Adjunct Prof. of Bible

fax- 978-231-5986
email- jwest AT highland.net
web page- http://web.infoave.net/~jwest