compostteas - [Compostteas] chromas

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: Dave Robison <drobison AT teleport.com>
  • To: compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Compostteas] chromas
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 08:48:55 -0700

At 07:22 PM 7/15/02 -0400, Allan wrote:
Why would bd chromas be useful/appropriate for Ingham-style tea?

I don't think it would be useful. Thank you, Will, for the interesting background.
The need is for a quick, easy way to decide if one has brewed a good tea.
The suggestion was that maybe a paper chromatography method would provide such a method. If someone wants to try, go ahead. I haven't tried a chroma on tea, but my experience on compost matches what Will is saying -- you get a brown humic blob that is difficult to interpret but may tell you something about humic compounds. I don't see how it would tell you anything about bacteria/fungal levels.

Dave Robison