compostteas - [Compostteas] saponin - acceptable for organic use ?

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: laura_s AT vaxxine.com
  • To: compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Compostteas] saponin - acceptable for organic use ?
  • Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 07:55:11 -0400

I did order the Suregrow from Yu-cann in Altberta Canada. As Dan suspected
it is 5.1% saponin compared to 20% from Helena CHEMICALS. The caps are on
purpose. The person at Yu-cann feels Helena's is likely chemical extracted
- his is acceptable for organic use.

I am Demeter certified organic and my certifier has already mentioned that
I had better source organic molasses for this tea. Are others facing this
issue ? have you sourced organic ?
Laura Sabourin
Feast of Fields Inc
Demeter Certified Vineyard & Farm http://www.ragdolls.net/vineyard.htm
Ragenesque Ragdoll Cattery http://www.ragdolls.net/ragenesq.htm
R R # 1
St Catharines, Ontario L2R 6P7

  • [Compostteas] saponin - acceptable for organic use ?, laura_s, 05/30/2002