community_studios - Re: [Community_studios] Ideas Challenge

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: Anatoly Volynets <av AT total-knowledge.com>
  • To: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • Cc: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Community_studios] Ideas Challenge
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 14:51:04 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005, tom poe wrote:

: Our mission statement: The Mission of Open Studios is:
: "to protect, promote and broaden the base of artistic works within the
: Public Domain." (from
: http://www.ibiblio.org/studioforrecording/mission.html )
:
: To accomplish our mission, a primary goal of creating an infrastructure
: to assist others in acquiring and using the tools which will protect,
: promote and broaden the base of artistic works with the Public Domain.
:

Well, I can only repeat how I see it: the 'infrastructure thing' is clear,
while the Public Domain one - is not. There is not a clear relationship
between two.

For example, it could be stated straight forward, that works created
within Open Studios infrastructure go to Public Domain. If this is not so,
how then said infrastructure works for the declared goal?

: 6] Jeff, Robert, Sal, and Tom are the local names that pop up. We can
: surely have monthly meetings. This question also raises the possibility
: of exploring yet another idea, and a good one, Jeff. We might want to
: look for a volunteer that has broadband access, and set up a monthly
: meeting on the Internet. That way, we can record the meetings, and
: share them with others around the world. We might also consider
: broadening the format to include your project, and any local bands, or
: others that want to participate from other communities?!
:

I sent a similar proposition in my previous post (well it was after Tom's
one in time). We don't need a volunteer, because irc chat is hosted by a
network of public servers and the client is very functional.

Anatoly Volynets
http://www.total-knowledge.com
http://www.culturedialogue.org