community_studios - Re: [Open_Studios] Re: [Community_studios] GarageBand.com

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: Open Studios <Open_Studios AT yahoogroups.com>
  • Cc: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Open_Studios] Re: [Community_studios] GarageBand.com
  • Date: 09 Sep 2004 20:58:37 -0700

Thanks, Francis: Now, you would think they would have something on the
site for visitors to know about, wouldn't you? Wonder why they don't?

Maybe we'll be able to leverage that on SONG STORM. Maybe we can redo
the site to demonstrate both the Creative Commons License and Authoright
License options logos, then put some verbiage about why that's a good
thing, and begin to pressure those artists on SONG STORM that don't use
them. I had wanted to wait until we got further along with our
licensing service project, but, heck, might as well jump in, since
there's at least one commercial site out there, now.
Tom