chpac-staff - [Chpac-staff] FW: handler & radway apps

  • From: Jeff York <jyork AT townofchapelhill.org>
  • To: "chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org" <chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Chpac-staff] FW: handler & radway apps
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 13:52:38 -0500

CHPAC commissioners,

 I am please to report that, at last nights meeting, by a majority vote including absent commissioner proxies, Jennifer Wales was nominated to become a commission member.   One piece of business we were unable to complete last night due to a lack of a quorum without proxies was the re-appointment of Enid Handler and Scott Radway to second terms.   I hope you will agree with me that each has much to offer to the commission and has served the commission well during their first term, or in the case of Enid, partial term.   I need a yea or nay vote from each of you by tomorrow so that their names can be advanced to Council as recommendations from the commission.

On a related item, again due to not having quorum at the meeting, a vote could not be taken on the Leap application.  Ms. Leap has attended several of the commission meetings, since the fall and has expressed interest as a guest in our projects and activities.  As you can see from her application, she has both an academic and personal interest in public art as part of urban design.  I spoke with her and she intends to stay in the area after graduation.  Please send me a yea or nay vote on the Leap application as well.

Note:  as per our discussion at the meeting, the two re-appointed commissioners do not need to be officially nominated and therefore their names could be advanced next month, however while we are doing nominations, we might as well take care of making these recommendations at this time.   When the slate of all applicants goes before the Council, both the desired applicants and the re-appointees will be designated as recommended by CHPAC.   Also note that non-recommended applicants are also voted on by the Council.  A bit Alice and Wonderland-like if you ask me; but nobody did.   jy