chpac-staff - Re: [Chpac-staff] Job description for Commission membership

  • From: "Bibb Latane" <latane AT seafrolic.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Chpac-staff] Job description for Commission membership
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 09:19:04 -0500

Dear Betsy--
Greetings from Rio, where the most visible piece of public art would never
fly in the U.S.
Thanks for the comments, which will be useful for further discussion.
Apparently we already have a mechanism in the Bylaws for terminating inactive
Commissioners--miss three meetings in a row and you are out.
--Bibb

From: Mdetutu AT aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 21:40:38 EST

The revision reads a lot better than the first go-round. Maybe TOO wordy,
but complete. Should we add that we want applicants to attend a meeting,
fill
out the application AND talk with Kate and/or a commission member before they
can be appointed? Can we ask for a time commitment of XX hours per month?
Also, shouldn't we spell out how many meetings a member can miss before being
asked to resign? Shouldn't we provide a way to cull out the dead wood on a
regular basis rather than waiting for terms to expire?

Betsy Bullen