chpac-staff - Re: [Chpac-staff] FW: letterhead

  • From: Andrew Ross <andrewwross AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Chpac-staff] FW: letterhead
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 10:55:22 -0500

Hey all, again. Jonathan brings up a very important point. Although I disagree with him about these three options for logo design (I would be happy for us to be represented by any one of them), I think it is important to realize that we will probably never reach full consensus on something this aesthetically varied. Design, color, font, etc. are things that I'm sure we will all continue to have different opinions on.

So, no, this does not mean we should accept a design that we as a group are not satisfied with. What it does mean is that we need everyone from the commission to be thinking about these designs since we are going to need to vote as a commission on what we want -- a vote which could very likely not be unanimous.

Please send Jonathan and Kate your thoughts and ideas on these three designs for our discussion on Tuesday. And please feel welcome to come join us at the Identity Committee meeting at Town Hall on Tuesday at 6pm. Our goal at that meeting is to discuss these three logo options, decide which one (or none) comes closest to meeting our needs, and then figure out what changes we might want to make to lead the designer in our final look (maybe font variations, color changes, layout of the applications, etc.). From this meeting, it is my hope that the committee, working with the graphic designer, can produce a finished logo and application design by our next Commission meeting in November for a full Commission vote.

Obviously, as Jonathan pointed out, if there are any more dissenting opinions to all three of these designs (even in there unfinished forms), we need to hear them NOW -- by Tuesday. We have gone quite far in this process, so there is no need to go any further if we are going to scrap the entire process and start again. Yes, we can get to work on the web page in the meantime, but that would mean commission members stepping up to do the work, since finding and approving another web designer is only going to take more time.

Thank you, Jonathan, for your comments. I hope everyone else on the Commission takes the time to add their thoughts, either directly to Jonathan and Kate, or to the everyone on the Commission using our chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org address.

And I look forward to our discussion on Tuesday.

Andrew
Andrew Ross Photography & Video
home: 919.929.9684
mobile: 919.260.7537